Vancouver, B.C., November 24, 2019
Since we have just four weeks left until Christmas, we have created a weekly checklist for all those who would like to have a stress-free Pre-Christmas-Season, but still want to celebrate traditionally, such as our German friends and families.
Here is your checklist for the first week, the others will follow always at the beginning of the next weeks.
1. Get advent wreath. If you want to save time, take a wreath that is already decorated - it is best to buy replacement candles. See also my following tips for wreaths and garlands.
2. Bringing along a Christmas tale - diving into romantic stories or Christmas thrillers - will make you smile for a while, for personal memories and atmospheric Advent evenings or entertaining train rides in the run-up to Christmas.
3. Hang up wreaths and garlands and divide branches into vases. My tip: If you love unusual, set wreaths and garlands, you will find it in a wreath binder.
4. Decorate window sills. High lanterns are particularly atmospheric. Decorate the entrance to the house. Because not only your guests are happy about an inviting reception.
5. Think about which guests and above all where you would like to celebrate this year so that the blues from the last party have no chance of repetition.
6. Check gift wrap, bow stock, and gift tags and stock up. Who waits too long, finds only leftovers in the stores in the near future.
7. Make a gift list: buy, order or tinker? To be honest, who is not happy about it, when he personally gets a little something?
8. If you travel to visit family or friends, buy train tickets for the holidays and book the seat reservation so that enough time is spent on the trip to read one of the amusing Christmas pamphlets and arrive relaxed.
9. Set up Christmas card list: who gets a card, who gets an email, who gets a call? Packages and overseas cards should now be shipped. You can also order online and get it shipped directly to your family or friends far away. Look at our service for example.
10. View Christmas cards from the previous year and get the missing number. Personally, We really like the simplicity of Unicef, which can be ordered online or in bookstores.
11. Get Advent calendar until the weekend or bring out the refillable. It does not always have to be something sweet. Erasers, pens, a card game are child-friendly alternatives.
12. Get tickets for a children's theater piece or a Christmas concert. Despite the pressing dates, this is an important part of the Christmas preparations for a lot of families. Do not forget to organize the babysitter if needed.
So much for the first week. We'll get back to you early next week with more preparation tips.
We won't be able to attend the AmericasMart Atlanta Winter 2021, but find us at the CanGift Virtual Show in February 2021! It's already time for the first trade show of 2021. The AmericasMart Atlanta winter market will take place with showrooms from 12.01.-19.01.2021 and temporaries from 13.01.-17.01.2021. As we are based in Canada, and the Coronavirus pandemic is still limiting the possibilities of travel, our showroom at the Atlanta Market will remain closed for this winter season. However, we highly miss the personal contact to our customers and will keep you updated on our upcoming events!
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! It's the most wonderful time of the year and you are the most wonderful part of our business. Thank you for making this – and every time of the year – so much brighter for us. We couldn't have gone through this year without you!
We are opening our seasonal pop-up store in Richmond's Lansdowne Centre this week Friday the 27th of November! Are you already in the Christmas spirit? We definitely are and have great news: We are opening a seasonal store in the Lansdowne Centre! Every year so far we had been taking part in the Vancouver Christmas Market, however, unfortunately this year, the event had to be canceled due to the pandemic. Nevertheless, we found another great opportunity to offer you our great selection of HUSS Incense burners and cones.