Vancouver, B.C., December 08, 2019
It's halftime already - In a bit more than 2 weeks it's Christmas!
If you think "Yes, and then the stress is finally over", then this may be due to the hustle and bustle you are feeling right now. To minimizes this feeling, everyone should decide for themselves, how perfect you would like to have something, and where you would like to omit one or the other. In any case, good weekly planning helps a lot in the preparations, which then incidentally also provides more time for leisure. Some of the pre-week programs can still catch up. Otherwise, set priorities.
1. Buy Christmas tree this week, or at least order. Saw off a few inches from the trunk and place in the water for 24 hours in the basement or on the balcony so that it stays green for a long time and does not need to be tapped. We like to support local nurseries. Take the tree stand with you, then the trunk will be adapted to it and delivered to you comfortably with the tree. Buy a tree stand when the old one has served its purpose - a tilting tree does better in a Christmas movie than in reality, right?
2. View Christmas music and get new music if necessary. We like the Christmas Oratorio by J.S. Bach as background music. The most varied mix of Christmas music on Christmas Eve is on the radio! Music at its best until midnight. There is something for everyone and you can discover new songs every year!
3. Decorate remaining rooms, windows, stairs and doors, if not already done. As a rule, fresh branches and simple red ribbons are sufficient.
4. Gifts that need to be sent by mail, pack unbreakable and bring in the morning to the post office. You save so much time because from the early afternoon it is already hectic and the line ups at the counter significantly longer.
5. Think of batteries, memory cards and batteries for the holidays, so that all devices are ready for use.
6. Write half of the Christmas mail and send the first and second half at the end of the week. Also, think about a selected motive for your stamps!
7. What is the menu for Christmas? Does something have to be ordered? Can one of your guests prepare and support you? Which drinks are suitable?
8. Make two shopping lists: First list: long-life, Second list: fresh
Get hold of something already (Attention: is there still enough space in your freezer?). Buy the fresh ingredients one to two days before. Tip: preorder at your local food market. They are happy to reserve fresh for you for later collection or even to supply you! An argument to start the morning of Christmas Eve with more leisure.
Is everything done? Next week it's all more about your own personal appointments: manicure, hairdressing, etc. If you have not arranged your appointments a few weeks in advance, then go! After all, it's about making you feel good! The list is much shorter next week if you have done all we recommended in the last week's checklists.
Have a wonderful Christmas time without too much stress.
The Vancouver Christmas Market is finally back this holiday season! After a one year hiatus, the Vancouver Christmas Market is finally back in 2021 and we are more excited than ever. Downtown Vancouver’s beloved holiday tradition returns for the 11th time from Nov 13 - Dec 24 to Jack Poole Plaza. The market starts one week earlier than usual, for less crowding and even more chances for everyone to attend. For many residents and visitors alike, a yearly stop over at the Vancouver Christmas Market has become a seasonal ritual.
One of our favourite holidays is just around the corner. Thanksgiving - the celebration of everything you are thankful for, like family, friends, other dear people, developments and things in your life. How nice to celebrate this joy and all the blessings with a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving holiday.
Try our unique summer incense for more energy and inspiration. Incense cones are mostly known to be popular for use in the cold winter months, burned in typically spicy Christmas scents. However, there is also plenty of summer scents to chose from. Citrus, exotic and lavender are just three of our highly popular summer incenses. Read more about the relaxing and at the same time refreshing scents below:
Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive information and early access to promos and flash sales!