Vancouver, B.C., December 08, 2019
It's halftime already - In a bit more than 2 weeks it's Christmas!
If you think "Yes, and then the stress is finally over", then this may be due to the hustle and bustle you are feeling right now. To minimizes this feeling, everyone should decide for themselves, how perfect you would like to have something, and where you would like to omit one or the other. In any case, good weekly planning helps a lot in the preparations, which then incidentally also provides more time for leisure. Some of the pre-week programs can still catch up. Otherwise, set priorities.
1. Buy Christmas tree this week, or at least order. Saw off a few inches from the trunk and place in the water for 24 hours in the basement or on the balcony so that it stays green for a long time and does not need to be tapped. We like to support local nurseries. Take the tree stand with you, then the trunk will be adapted to it and delivered to you comfortably with the tree. Buy a tree stand when the old one has served its purpose - a tilting tree does better in a Christmas movie than in reality, right?
2. View Christmas music and get new music if necessary. We like the Christmas Oratorio by J.S. Bach as background music. The most varied mix of Christmas music on Christmas Eve is on the radio! Music at its best until midnight. There is something for everyone and you can discover new songs every year!
3. Decorate remaining rooms, windows, stairs and doors, if not already done. As a rule, fresh branches and simple red ribbons are sufficient.
4. Gifts that need to be sent by mail, pack unbreakable and bring in the morning to the post office. You save so much time because from the early afternoon it is already hectic and the line ups at the counter significantly longer.
5. Think of batteries, memory cards and batteries for the holidays, so that all devices are ready for use.
6. Write half of the Christmas mail and send the first and second half at the end of the week. Also, think about a selected motive for your stamps!
7. What is the menu for Christmas? Does something have to be ordered? Can one of your guests prepare and support you? Which drinks are suitable?
8. Make two shopping lists: First list: long-life, Second list: fresh
Get hold of something already (Attention: is there still enough space in your freezer?). Buy the fresh ingredients one to two days before. Tip: preorder at your local food market. They are happy to reserve fresh for you for later collection or even to supply you! An argument to start the morning of Christmas Eve with more leisure.
Is everything done? Next week it's all more about your own personal appointments: manicure, hairdressing, etc. If you have not arranged your appointments a few weeks in advance, then go! After all, it's about making you feel good! The list is much shorter next week if you have done all we recommended in the last week's checklists.
Have a wonderful Christmas time without too much stress.
We won't be able to attend the AmericasMart Atlanta Winter 2021, but find us at the CanGift Virtual Show in February 2021! It's already time for the first trade show of 2021. The AmericasMart Atlanta winter market will take place with showrooms from 12.01.-19.01.2021 and temporaries from 13.01.-17.01.2021. As we are based in Canada, and the Coronavirus pandemic is still limiting the possibilities of travel, our showroom at the Atlanta Market will remain closed for this winter season. However, we highly miss the personal contact to our customers and will keep you updated on our upcoming events!
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! It's the most wonderful time of the year and you are the most wonderful part of our business. Thank you for making this – and every time of the year – so much brighter for us. We couldn't have gone through this year without you!
We are opening our seasonal pop-up store in Richmond's Lansdowne Centre this week Friday the 27th of November! Are you already in the Christmas spirit? We definitely are and have great news: We are opening a seasonal store in the Lansdowne Centre! Every year so far we had been taking part in the Vancouver Christmas Market, however, unfortunately this year, the event had to be canceled due to the pandemic. Nevertheless, we found another great opportunity to offer you our great selection of HUSS Incense burners and cones.